As it is generally believed that the primary function of a university is to impart as well as originate knowledge, an academic journal is imperative for a university. Bangladesh University of Business & Technology (BUBT) started publishing the academic journal entitled BUBT Journal (ISSN: 2072-7542) from 2008 incorporating research articles of the faculty members of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Engineering & Applied Sciences and Faculty of Social Sciences. The Journal is open for all contributors irrespective of their affiliation. The Journal committee has to be very busy with editorial work throughout the year. The Call for Papers is made in August and the articles are received within a month. After the preliminary selections by the committee, articles are sent to the reviewers, who are eminent scholars of the country including leading professors of the University of Dhaka, Jahangirnagar University, and Jagannath University.
General Guidelines for Paper Submission
Bangladesh University of Business and Technology (BUBT) invites scholarly research papers for publication in BUBT Journal (ISSN 2072-7542). Papers related to the following subjects are considered for publication:
Accounting, Bank Management, Business Administration, CSE, CSIT, English Language & Literature, Economics, EEE, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Relations, Law and Justice, Marketing, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Sociology, Textile Engineering.
Papers are called once a year. Papers submitted for publication are reviewed by distinguished scholars in respective fields.
- Scholarly research papers and articles are to be submitted to the Editor, BUBT Journal. All papers should be original and unpublished. Papers submitted elsewhere for publication must not be submitted for BUBT Journal.
- The papers should be word processed in Times New Roman, Double-Spaced and in Font Size 12. The Bibliographical Documentations, especially the In-Text Citations and Works Citations, should conform to the MLA Format (7th Edition) for literature and APA Format (6th Edition) for other disciplines. Use footnotes, notes, etc. where necessary.
- The length of each paper should be between 3000 to 5000 words approximately and the abstract of the paper between 100-150 words. This word limit is inclusive of footnote/s, endnote/s (if any) and work citations.
- Two hard copies of each paper should be submitted along with a Soft Copy of the article in CD/DVD.
- Both the hard copy and the soft copy of the article, corrected/modified as per the reviewer’s suggestions, have to be submitted within the stipulated time
- Names with designations and the institutional affiliations of the authors and titles of the papers/articles should be provided on separate sheets. All the authors should send a short biographical information of 50 words and mention their cell phone number along with their mailing and E-mail
- There should not be more than one co-author in the paper and his/her contribution should be significant.
- Papers not conforming to the guidelines shall be rejected in the preliminary selection.
- Authors are seriously warned about plagiarism from both online and printed sources. If any plagiarism or unacknowledged borrowing is detected through modern technology in any paper, it will be summarily rejected.
- Declaration: The author/co-author of a paper concerned will sign a declaration to the effect that (i) the paper submitted for publication has been written by him/her or by both in case of one author and one co-author; (ii) it has not been submitted elsewhere for publication; and that (iii) the author/ authors singly or jointly will take the responsibility for the contents of the paper concerned.
Please Send Your Papers to:
(Professor Syed Anwarul Huq)
Dean, Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Editor, BUBT Journal
Bangladesh University of Business & Technology (BUBT)
Main Road, Rupnagar, Mirpur-2, Dhaka-1216
Contact: PABX No. 9020132-4,