The mission of the Debating Club of BUBT is to place its name at zenith in the debating arena of the country as well as abroad. As a club, we hope to foster some very important values necessary for the development of the individuals, family, society, country and the human beings in general among the students who take part in debate.
To carry out and execute our mission, we incorporate the following objectives:
- To let the debaters know the fundamental principles of placing arguments
- To let the debaters know the basic language level for placing arguments
- To let the debaters know the authenticity of the sources of information
- To make them good speakers
- To make them good listeners
- To make them able to behave in proper manner while talking and listening
- To make them able to organize events independently and in collaboration as a team
- To prepare them for the job by enhancing confidence and level of knowledge
- To make them good citizens by letting them know their responsibilities
- To organize regular events (usually per semester, per year)
- To gather regularly (usually twice a week) for debate sessions.